Loss of Owner

Loss of Owner

Needs to Re-title/Register an automobile upon loss of Owner

Needed Papers

The after documents are needed to offer or designate the car based on the legal rights of Survivorship (please be aware “Exceptions” below):

Car is jointly titled to renters because of The Entirety (partners):

  • A duplicate associated with the Death Certificate identifying the spouse that is surviving.

Vehicle is jointly en titled and title states ownership to be Joint Tenants or Partners:

  • A duplicate associated with the Death Certificate.

Vehicle titled to dead just and ownership lion loans states Transfer on Death “TOD”:


  • A duplicate for the Death Certificate.
  • A page from an officer of this court saying that the dead died intestate, there’s absolutely no property become probated or the property do not need to be probated, and names the person who may have the legal rights of ownership to your car. In the event that officer associated with the court is from out-of-state, additional proof is needed that the authority is a part regarding the Bar or even a Court formal.
  • Initial name correctly assigned with “Release of Liens” area finished by the lienholder, if relevant.

Continue reading